Monday, February 7, 2011

Was woken up by my son this morning at 6am saying his blankets were too hot?? So he climbs into bed with me and I discover that it is him that is hot not his blankets! This part of parenting is always interesting as you have to make a decision about how "sick" they really are. So we played it by ear for the morning and I thought he was good to go to school by lunch but then as he came up the stairs he said he was going to be sick. Didn't happen thankfully but he is not one to be dramatic that is all my daughters department- lol. So I kept him home from school and in retrospect should have sent him but it is kindergarten and we got to hang out and play snakes and ladders and watch a movie so I think that was just as important as going to school.

Breakfast: the usual 3 scrambled eggs, asparagus, spinach and salsa this morning

Workout:
part 1:
Run 30 min @ 65% max running HR for this I decided the hour and a half I spent shovelling our darn huge driveway was sufficient!
rest 6+ hours - I only rested maybe 3 hours but that is ok

part 2:
5 sets @ 85-90%:
15 KBS - 1.5pd/1pd - kettle bell swings
15 GHD sit ups - sit ups in a roman chair
15 burpees
30 double unders
walk rest 2.5 min actively
(make last set raise closer to 97-100%)
Each set took me just under 2:30 minutes

REST 10 MINUTES - made roasted butternut squash during this rest period, it is best to maximize your time - lol

5 sets @ 85-90%:
Row 600 m
walk rest same time as work time b/t sets actively
(make last set of 600 harder than first 4 sets)
Each set took about 2:30 and only had time for 4

Lunch: leftover wild salmon filet and roasted butternut squash

Dinner: baked bone in ham, butternut squash, leftover cauliflower mash, and salad with homemade balsamic vinigrette.

Flames are in a playoff spot!! All is right with the world again. See everyone tomorrow, get ready to put your thinking caps on.

No comments:

Post a Comment