Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Away

Hi gang,

Sorry for not posting for the last couple of days but my husband took me on a ski trip to Whitefish this weekend so I was away from the computer and away from "normal" eating. It was a weekend of bad food and alcohol so needless to say not something I want to promote. I tried to make it work with in my options but it was very difficult. Burgers with no buns, there was no restaurant in our hotel so it was "continental" breakfast which = bagels, toast, Lucky Charms (holy crap!!) oh yeah donuts, eggo waffles and the list goes on. Wow what a way to start your day. I stuck to the fruit so I had an apple, an orange, and a banana but no protein because there was none available. Crazy. Lunch on the hill was a prime rib sandwich minus the bread and some veggies and dip. Dinner - pizza and booze! I tried to keep the booze to vodka and water as it is easier on the calorie front and the hangover front. Only had a few and they just made me feel sick so then I just watched every body else make complete asses of themselves and it was a great reminder why booze is not your friend!! Sunday was much the same. Quick reminder do NOT get on the scale after a weekend like this it will ruin you forever - ha ha. Or do and it is a reminder of how bad this kind of weekend is for you! Anyways I need to get back on track. Oh yeah on Sunday I did a workout in my hotel room - accumulate 500 reps of pushups, squats, sit ups, handstand pushups, and plank position. So basically i just did a bit of each of movement until I had accumulated 500 reps. It took me about 15 minutes and felt good just to do something. So as you can see you can make do very easily with just your bodyweight no matter where you are.

This morning had my usual breaksfast scramble

Lunch - made braised cabbage and had some leftover ground beef with it

Dinner - my husband cooked crab legs and broccolini for dinner - yum yum

No workout today as time got away on me. Tomorrow I am going to try a new experiment where I get up at 6:30 am and do an easy cardio workout for 30 minutes on the rower before breakfast. I am going to try and do this three times per week along with my regular workouts as this has been proven to help increase you loss of body fat - something I will be talking about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment